Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Every Day in May Challenge

After spending a year reading too many fabulous blogs, I figured it was time to jump on the bandwagon myself.  With a push from my boyfriend and friends, my plan is to give you my thoughts, inspirations, ideas and more as often as my schedule allows. Plus I like the idea of documenting my memories of this 20-something conundrum we call life in my own corner of the interwebs. 

One of my favorite bloggers, Jenni at Story of My Life (seriously, is there a prettier blog?) is hosting a link up for the month of May that I thought would be the perfect springboard for me to jump into the blogging world.  She is challenging bloggers to blog every day for the month of May.  I like a good challenge as much as the next girl, so let's do this!

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less...

  Me with my handsome daddy, circa 1989


I was born on January 15, 1988 in Chicago, IL to my loving parents who have been married for almost 30 years.  I’m the oldest of three girls and my younger sisters are my favorite people on this planet.  Fluctuating job markets and new opportunities for my dad took us all over the USA: we moved from the North Shore of Chicago when I was seven to the San Francisco Bay Area and then moved to Houston, TX when I was fourteen.  Moving allowed me to learn to embrace change at a young age and become even closer to my family, though it’s always hard for me to describe my “roots” or “hometown” to others.  I went off to college at Trinity University in San Antonio, four wonderful years of college where I studied, partied and grew to the fullest.  I graduated in 2010 with a liberal arts degree in English and Communication, entering the real world with no clue as to what kind of career I wanted to pursue and a crappy economy to boot.  After moving back to Houston and temping for awhile, I’ve started a career in arts administration in Houston’s museum district.  I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up and that’s okay, I have time to figure it out. I have the most amazing best friends, a strong, rugged, goofy guy I’m lucky to be with, and my wonderful family supporting me through life’s journey.  I am blessed beyond measure.
 
 
P.S. This blog is hideous looking right now, which is driving me crazy! A prettier layout will be coming ASAP, pinky swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment