Friday, May 3, 2013

A Whale of a Friday

Remember when I said I was going to be diligent about my blog posts and then posted nothing yesterday? Yeah, #bloggerfail right there.

So I’m linking up today with Jenni to bring you Day 3 of "Blog Every Day in May" challenge, though in my case it looks like I’ll link up only on the odd days at this point. Today’s topic is things that make you uncomfortable, which include several things for me: mouth breathers, incorrect grammar (English nerd alert), man feet, cottage cheese, Keanu Reeves’ acting.  But I wanted to focus on the one major thing that makes me uncomfortable more than anything…

 

Whales.


And I don’t mean these cute, adorable, smiley guys.



But these terrifying creatures.

 




Ya’ll have no idea how the anxiety it gave me to even post the three pictures above! It’s weird and odd, I know.  Plenty of friends, family members and ex-boyfriends have made fun of me for this fear and even I can’t pinpoint exactly why whales bother me. It’s not like I’m swimming in the ocean daily with the chance to interact with something as big as a school bus looking at you with an eyeball the size of a bowling ball only get smothered by their dorsal fins or ginormous tails.   I totally blame this 90s childhood movie for my fear.

I’m not sure what was scarier, the orca or Michael Jackson’s clown face in the music video that aired before the film.

Explains why you see me bolting when I get too close to Shamu at Sea World for the penguins, despite their stinky lair.  Penguin stink > whales anyday.

Anywho, since it’s the best day of the week, I’ve also decided to link up with Whitney of I Wore Yoga Pants to Work for #backthatazzup Friday! This lady is one of the funniest people on the Internet and I can’t help but have a blogger crush on her. Seriously, I’d buy her Fireball shots using my “hey girl, did you know you can’t get pregnant in the summertime?” pick up line if we were ever so fortunate to meet.  

Since I have to work tonight and tomorrow morning (lame!) at a event, here’s the jam getting me through the day.  It’s cleverly titled for my evening as well, I think. 

See The Same Hoes feat. Mobb Deep by Nate Dogg on Grooveshark

You ladies enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment